Council on the Ageing (COTA) ACT will have a Tax Help Volunteer again this year.
Tax Help is a free and confidential service to help people on a low income (around $60,000 or less) with simple tax affairs to complete their tax return online with myTax. It is available from July to October.
Volunteers can help you lodge your tax return or amendment online or claim a refund of franking credits.
To make an appointment
If you’re eligible for Tax Help, you will need a myGov account that is linked to the Australian Tax Office. If necessary, our volunteer can help you create your myGov account for you.
When you are ready to make an appointment, phone us on 6282 3777.
Remember to have these with you for your appointment:
- your myGov user ID and password – if you are unable to locate or remember your myGov details, or don’t have a myGov account, our volunteer can help
- your mobile phone to receive your myGov access code
- your bank account details (BSB and account number)
- your tax file number
- an original or amended notice of assessment from any one of the last five years
- income statements from all sources
- all your receipts for gifts, donations and work-related expenses
- details of any child support payments made
- details of your spouse’s (married or de-facto) taxable income or a reasonable estimate if you had a spouse at any time during the financial year.