ACT Seniors Card holders can apply for an Gold Senior/Pensioner Opal Card online (http://www.opal.com.au:80/ordercard/) or by calling Opal on 13 67 25.
Transport NSW is able to automatically validate ACT seniors’ eligibility for concession travel in NSW.
A Gold Opal card gives you concession travel capped at $2.50 a day* across Sydney, the Blue Mountains, Hunter, Illawarra and Southern Highlands.
*Excludes Sydney Airport Station access fee
How to apply
ACT Seniors Card holders no long have to apply using paper-based application forms for a Gold Opal Card. Apply by visiting: https://www.opal.com.au/ordercard/?execution=e1s1 or call Opal on 13 67 25.
What do ACT Seniors Card holders need before they apply?
To complete your application you will need:
- First and last name exactly as ACT Seniors Card/Transport Canberra has them on file
- Date of birth
- Seniors Card identification number.
OPAL card registration not working?
- How many numbers are on your Seniors Card? The new system requires your card to have nine numbers to be processed. If you have an older card with five numbers you will need to upgrade your card.
- When did you apply for your Seniors Card? It takes up to 7 business days for the ACT Seniors Card/Transport Canberra and NSW Opal Card databases to sync details.
- Is your MyWay card valid? MyWay cards remain valid for two years from the date of the last ‘transaction’. If you have had a MyWay card for more than two years and have never used it on the bus, it is likely your card has expired. If your card has expired it means that Opal will not recognise your details. Once a card has expired, it cannot be reactivated and you will need to apply for a new card.