Do you need help with housing and ageing options?
COTA ACT’s experienced staff can provide you with advice and information on your housing and aged care support options.
FREE face-to-face appointments are available at our offices in the Hughes Community Centre, or by phone or video conference. In addition, we are available to come out to other community centres, groups or providers to do presentation and information sessions.
We have a wide network of professional services and knowledge of local services to help you explore your options to make the best choice for your individual circumstances.
Note: COTA ACT’s service is an advisory service and unable to facilitate support and engagement with My Aged Care or providers. Those requiring this support will need to contact the ACT regions Care Finder program (contact Capital Health Network on 02 6287 8099 for the details of your nearest Care Finder provider).
COTA ACT’s Housing and aged care options service can assist older people, and those caring for older people, who need advice with any of the following housing or aged care areas:
- Seniors housing/living options, including retirement villages
- Home Care Package support and services
- Changing or maintaining your current housing
- Support and services to stay in your own home longer
- Assistance regarding home modifications or equipment
- Accessing community support systems
- Accessing government services
- Information on downsizing to a smaller home or moving in with family or friends
- Information on accessing appropriate public and private housing options
Please note: COTA ACT is unable to provide personal or specific legal or financial advice.
You can book a FREE appointment for yourself, a friend or a family member by contacting the COTA ACT office on 02 6282 3777 or emailing email@example.com for further information.
COTA ACT’s Housing Options Advisory Service is a free service delivered by COTA ACT with funding from the ACT Government. This funding is for the provision of housing-related counselling and support and advocacy to assist older people in the ACT to access appropriate housing options or sustain their current housing.