Looking to build your digital literacy or stuck on using a particular part of technology?
You can make an appointment with one of our patient, knowledgeable digital mentors and get one on one assistance with technology.
Contact the COTA ACT office on 02 6282 3777 to book your appointment. Please note: appointments are at our office at the Hughes Community Centre.
What is Get IT?
Get IT – is a program to assist senior Canberrans learn about, get connected and feel confident with using technology they own, such as mobile phones, laptops, i pads and tablets.
Get IT – is a free digital learning session designed to assist seniors to get in touch and stay connected to their community, family and friends.
Get IT – is a place where senior Canberrans can come and ask questions in a relaxed environment, connect to the tutor and learn about how to get online and become confident with using technology.
Get IT can assist older Canberrans in:
- understanding how to download apps and use QR codes
- filling in the new online ACT Seniors Card application form
- accessing the COTA ACT website
- video calling family and friends
- photo library
- social media channels, and
- online ACT Government information services.
Did you know …
- 72 per cent of older Australians want face-to-face help to learn how to use online technology (Digital Nation Australia).
- Studies show that staying connected with loved ones and friends through online technology can help to combat loneliness and improve overall health (Australian Government e-safety Commissioner website).
If you are a senior Canberran and would like to know more about the free digital help appointments run by COTA ACT, call the COTA ACT office on 6282 3777 or email Contact@cotaact.org.au
COTA ACT is a proud Network Partner in the Be Connected Program. Find out more here.