One-on-one Get IT sessions have resumed for 2021! Book your session today – 6282 3777
Get IT – is a program to assist senior Canberrans learn about, get connected and feel confident with using technology they own, such as mobile phones, laptops, i pads and tablets.
Get IT – is a free one-on-one digital learning session designed to assist seniors to get in touch and stay connected to their community, family and friends.
Get IT – is a place where senior Canberrans can come and ask questions in a relaxed environment, connect to the tutor and learn about how to get online and become confident with using technology.
Get IT can assist older Canberrans in:
- understanding how to download apps and use QR codes
- filling in the new online ACT Seniors Card application form
- accessing the COTA ACT website
- video calling family and friends
- photo library
- social media channels, and
- online ACT Government information services.
- 72 per cent of older Australians want face-to-face help to learn how to use online technology (Digital Nation Australia).
- Studies show that staying connected with loved ones and friends through online technology can help to combat loneliness and improve overall health (Australian Government e-safety Commissioner website).
If you are a senior Canberran and would like to know more about the free computer literacy workshops run by COTA ACT, call the COTA ACT office on 6282 3777 or email Contact@cotaact.org.au
COVID safe Check In app
Do you need help downloading or checking in with the ACT Government’s COVID safe Check In App? We have worked with the ACT Government to develop a film and poster describing how to download the mandatory App.
To view the film, click on the arrow in the below image.
Or follow the nine easy steps on how to download the App in the poster below. If you’re still having trouble, book into our Get IT one-on-one sessions where you can learn how to check in safely.
Click on this link to access the PDF version of the poster.