One-on-one sessions resume on 20 January 2021! Book your session today – 6282 3777
Get IT – is a program to assist senior Canberrans learn about, get connected and feel confident with using technology they own, such as mobile phones, laptops, i pads and tablets.
Get IT – is a free one-on-one digital learning session designed to assist seniors to get in touch and stay connected to their community, family and friends.
Get IT – is a place where senior Canberrans can come and ask questions in a relaxed environment, connect to the tutor and learn about how to get online and become confident with using technology.
Get IT can assist older Canberrans in:
- understanding how to download apps and use QR codes
- filling in the new online ACT Seniors Card application form
- accessing the COTA ACT website
- video calling family and friends
- photo library
- social media channels, and
- online ACT Government information services.
- 72 per cent of older Australians want face-to-face help to learn how to use online technology (Digital Nation Australia).
- Studies show that staying connected with loved ones and friends through online technology can help to combat loneliness and improve overall health (Australian Government e-safety Commissioner website).
If you are a senior Canberran and would like to know more about the free computer literacy workshops run by COTA ACT, call the COTA ACT office on 6282 3777 or email Events@cotaact.org.au