Hosted by Council on the Ageing (COTA) ACT for Get Online Week
When: Thursday 22 October
Time: 11 – 11.45am (login at 10.55)
Where: COTA ACT Facebook page
During Get Online Week (19 – 25 October), COTA ACT will host #ReimaginingAgeing – online exercise session for seniors. With this FREE online exercise session, we encourage seniors to get online and get moving! This event is all about getting physically active online and becoming part of the COTA ACT Strength for Life Facebook group.
During the COVID-19 lock down period, COTA ACT hosted a number of online exercise sessions for seniors. These sessions were so popular that we decided to start our own online private exercise group on Facebook called – Strength for Life ACT. The private group currently has over 80 members. All members are able to share ideas around exercise, join in on other online workout sessions, chat with other members and gain movement tips.
#ReimaginingAgeing – online exercise session for seniors has been designed for anyone who might be:
- a COTA ACT Strength for Life participant
- wanting to exercise in private or with friends at home
- regularly physically active and wanting to try an online option, or
- looking for more inspiration and motivation to keep moving.
How can you participate? Follow these easy steps:
- Register your interest by sending an email to:
- ‘Like’ the Council on the Ageing ACT Facebook page to receive notifications and reminders of when the COTA ACT online exercise sessions will take place.
- Once you register, we will invite you to be part of the special Strength for Life ACT Facebook group.
- Once you are a member, you can share videos, photos, funny anecdotes and exercises to the Facebook group page.
- Encourage your friends and family to get online and join in on the exercise session.
This #ReimaginingAgeing – online exercise session for seniors will be delivered by the ACT Strength for Life instructor (Diane Percy), however the structure of the session is different to the individually designed programs delivered in the face to face SFL program.
Please feel free to share this event with your friends and family and encourage them to get online and register during Get Online Week!
To register your attendance to participate, visit the Facebook event – #ReimaginingAgeing – online exercise session for seniors
Disclaimer: Please understand that when participating in any exercise program, there is a possibility of physical injury. If you engage in this exercise session you agree that you do so at your own risk, and are voluntarily participating in this activity.