Aged Care Navigator
The Aged Care Navigator is testing different types of services and activities to help people to learn more about Government supported aged care programs and how to access them.
COTA ACT is the Information Hub for the ACT and Queanbeyan. We provide locally targeted information. We are available to support, educate and assist people by informing and linking them with suitable aged care services. We aim to help local people build their own knowledge by guiding them through the steps from information to assessment to receiving care.
Some of the activities being offered include:
- Community workshops and information sessions
- Assistance with filling in forms
- Contacting My Aged Care
- Providing factsheets, handouts and other resources
- Outreach services to support those who can’t come into the centre
- Group support sessions
- Individual support sessions